Senior Quality Control Architect – Pleasanton, CA, US | Works
DAHLIN is a diverse architecture and planning firm of more than 160 multicultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience in building the communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human growth and well-being. It’s the same Passion for the place® starts with our own work environment, a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) for more information.
We are currently looking for a Senior Quality Control Architect join our PLEASANTON, CA Office. This person must be a licensed architect and exercise to a very high level of professional competence. Primarily responsible for reviewing construction documents for accuracy, omissions, constructability, coordination, consistency, readability and code compliance. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about providing positive feedback, mentoring staff and serving as a referral source for junior team members.
In response to COVID-19, DAHLIN is tracking all COVID-19 mandates, including health screenings, vaccinations, and indoor masking.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for compliance with codes and regulations;
- Examine drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards;
- Supervision of technical staff may be required;
- Provide in-house quality control by annotating drawings and ensuring revisions are understood and completed
- Mentor staff and serve as a referral source for junior team members
- Meets company standards and keeps them up to date
- Develops seminars and learning materials internally
- Research of new products and construction methods
- Provides positive feedback and demonstrates effective communication and leadership that inspires high team performance.
- Dedication to high quality deliverables.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Teams and Bluebeam, comfortable with technology and producing digital red lines. AutoCAD and / or Revit skills useful, but not required.
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker with good listening skills, a positive attitude and strong follow-up
- Strong verbal and graphic communication, organizational and collaborative skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in single family homes and adjoining low density residential architecture
- Architect licensed in the state of California.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without any visa restrictions or sponsorship
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. The excellent benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage. We also offer the option to participate in a flexible pre-tax spending plan, employee stock purchase plan, and 401k.
Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large number of inquiries we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We will be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
DAHLIN is committed to welcoming and supporting a diverse community of professionals. As such, women and people of color are particularly encouraged to apply.
DAHLIN is an equal opportunities employer and participates in E-Verify.
Qualified applicants are welcome to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers. Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large number of inquiries we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We will be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!